Neurox is a drug that is used as an antioxidant, providing improved blood flow in the brain, antidepressant and anticonvulsant effects on the body.
The drug has a stabilizing effect on the body after stressful situations. It is used in patients with stroke, head injury, encephalopathy, myocardial infarction, personality disorders and other diseases of the nervous system.
It is produced by the Russian pharmacological company Sotex. The drug has become widespread due to the large list of indications for use, a small number of severe adverse reactions and a low probability of overdose.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Neurox cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 310 rubles.
Release form and composition
Dosage form of release – solution for intravenous (intravenous) and intramuscular injection (intramuscular): slightly yellow or colorless, transparent (in ampoules of 2 or 5 ml, 5 ampoules in blisters, in a cardboard box 1, 2, 4 or 10 packs; in ampoules of 10 or 20 ml, in blister packs of 1 ampoule, in a carton pack 1 pack is placed).
The composition of 1 ml of solution:
- active ingredient: ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate – 50 mg;
- additional components: sodium disulfite – 1 mg; water for injection – up to 1 ml.
Pharmacological group – nootropic, antioxidant, anticonvulsant drugs. The active substance has a variety of mechanisms of action on the body, especially on nerve tissue, heart muscle.
Pharmacological actions: prevention of seizures;
- improvement of mental processes;
- antidepressant properties;
- increase the body’s resistance to the negative effects of negative factors (ethanol, shock, intoxication);
- improving blood properties, reducing the likelihood of blood clots;
- inhibition of lipid peroxidation (antioxidant properties);
- protection of cell membranes, especially neurons;
- elimination and prevention of tissue hypoxia;
- protection of the nervous system from the negative effects of stress;
- stimulation of blood flow in the brain;
- lowering LDL levels (anti-atherogenic properties);
- normalization of metabolic processes in the heart muscle, especially in ischemia (with a heart attack).
Indications for use
Indications for Neurox are:
- anxiety disorders accompanying neurotic and neurosis-like states;
- abstinence alcohol syndrome characterized by a predominance of vegetative-vascular and neurosis-like disorders (for the purpose of stopping);
- primary open-angle glaucoma of various stages (in combination with other drugs);
- disorders of cerebral circulation of the acute course (in the composition of the combined treatment);
- traumatic brain injuries and the resulting disturbances;
- acute myocardial infarction (appointed from the first day in combination with other drugs);
- vegetative (neurocirculatory) dystonia syndrome;
- cognitive impairment of the atherosclerotic nature of the mild course;
- acute intoxication with neuroleptics (antipsychotic drugs).
Neurox cannot be used in the following diseases and conditions:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- hypersensitivity of the body to the components of the drug;
- severe diseases involving acute impaired renal or hepatic function (acute renal and hepatic insufficiency);
- children of any age.
With care, Neurox is used for allergic diseases and reactions that the patient had in the past. During treatment, care should be taken when driving a car and performing other work that requires increased concentration and responsiveness.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Neurox is administered intramuscularly or intravenously (jet or drip). With the infusion method of administration, the drug should be diluted in
With the infusion method of administration, the drug should be diluted in
- In acute intoxication with antipsychotic drugs, the drug is administered intravenously at a dose of 200-500 mg / day for 7-14 days.
- With withdrawal symptoms, Neurox is administered intramuscularly or intravenously in a dose of 200-500 mg 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.
- In open-stage glaucoma of various stages as part of complex therapy, Neurox is administered intramuscularly at 100-300 mg / day, 1-3 times / day for 14 days.
- In case of neurocirculatory dystonia, neurotic and neurosis-like states, the drug is administered intramuscularly in the dose of 50-400 mg / day for 14 days.
- For acute disorders of the circulatory circulation, Neurox is used in complex therapy for the first 10-14 days – in / in the drip, 200-500 mg 2-4 times / day, then – 200-250 mg / day, 2-3 times / day for 2 weeks.
- For mild cognitive impairment in elderly patients and for anxiety disorders, the drug is used intramuscularly at a dose of 100-300 mg / day for 14-30 days.
- For traumatic brain injury and the consequences of traumatic brain injury, Neurox is used for 10-15 days intravenously in a drip of 200-500 mg 2-4 times / day.
- In case of dyscirculatory encephalopathy in the decompensation phase, Neurox should be administered IV in a jet or drip in a dose of 200-500 mg 1-2 times / day for 14 days. Then – in / m at 100-250 mg / day for the next 2 weeks.
- For the course prophylaxis of dyscirculatory encephalopathy, Neurox is administered intramuscularly at a dose of 200-250 mg 2 times / day for 10-14 days.
- In acute myocardial infarction as part of complex therapy, Neurox is administered intravenously or intramuscularly for 14 days, against the background traditional therapy of myocardial infarction (including nitrates, beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, thrombolytics, anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs, as well as symptomatic means according to indications). In the first 5 days, Neurox is administered intravenously, in the next 9 days the drug can be injected in / m.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by patients, but in individuals with increased individual sensitivity, the following side effects may occur:
- Heat in the body;
- Tickling in the throat and nose;
- Chest pain, lack of air;
- Dry mouth and the appearance of unpleasant taste with a metallic shade.
With prolonged use of the drug appears nausea, bloating, insomnia, irritability.
In individuals with a high risk of allergic reactions, severe skin rash, angioedema, and anaphylactic shock may develop.
Overdose may cause insomnia or, on the contrary, drowsiness. If the drug is administered intravenously, some rise in blood pressure (BP) is possible within 90 – 120 minutes after administration. After this time, the symptoms of blood pressure returns to normal on its own, the state of health is restored within 24 hours.
For insomnia, medications from the group of tranquilizers (for example, Diazepam) are sometimes prescribed in the minimum dosage.
During the period of treatment, patients need to be careful when driving vehicles and engaging in other potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed.
Enhances the action of benzodiazepine anxiolytics, antiepileptic (carbamazepine), antiparkinsonian (levodopa) drugs, nitrates.
Reduces the toxic effects of ethanol.
We picked up some reviews of people using the Neurox drug:
- Larisa. During the attack only took 2 ml. slowly, but the headache after it is terrible. But the attack was filmed, What an attack. I do not know whether it is Simpato-adrenal crises or Asteno Neurotic or. But such attacks. what seems to be the end of the world. Mexidol is better tolerated and relieves seizures. And Neurox probably will go better for torture.
- Valentine. He appointed a neurologist from the noise in his head 10 injections in a / m, but the hum increased and the pressure, which is difficult to bring down with the usual preparations, rises, the head breaks. I did not fit.
- Nastya. Husband suffered ischemic stroke. Passed several rehabilitation courses, but remained mild neurological disorders, anxiety. The clinic prescribed this drug. Put injections intramuscularly, after undergoing a week-long course of treatment, noticed positive improvements. There are a few ampoules left, we will continue to be treated.
Neurox has a number of analogues that are similar in its therapeutic effect. Analogs include:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children, protected from moisture and light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.