Prostatitis is one of the most common urological diseases in men after 30 years. Every member of the stronger sex knows what prostatitis is, and everyone hopes that an unpleasant disease will pass him by.
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland, which is treated not only with the help of drugs, but also with some folk remedies that have been tested by time. In turn, the prostate gland or prostate is a glandular-muscular organ in men, which is located in the area of the bladder and controls urination, and also secretes a special secret that gives the sperm a fluid consistency.
Depending on the origin, the ailment can be bacterial or non-bacterial, by the nature of the course – acute or chronic. Acute prostatitis is most often caused by gram-negative bacteria, easily recognized and treated with antibiotics.
The main symptoms of prostatitis include pain, difficulty and painful urination, sexual disorders. Symptomatology is very unpleasant, so it is necessary to treat prostatitis when detecting the first signs.
The main cause of prostatitis is the penetration of an infection into the gland, which is largely due to the location of the prostate in the pelvis.
The main ways of infection in the prostate:
- downward – the infection enters the prostate with urine.
- ascending – the infection enters the prostate gland through the urethra.
- hematogenous – the infection enters the prostate gland with blood.
- lymphogenous – the infection enters the prostate gland with lymph flow.
The main causes and risk factors for the development of prostatitis in men:
- sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise (blood stasis in the prostate gland).
- violations of the normal rhythm of sexual activity – irregular sex, prolonged abstinence.
- hypothermia in childhood, adolescence or adulthood (especially the corresponding part of the body).
- sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, trichomoniasis, gardnerellosis or gonorrhea).
- another reason could be trauma to the tissues and organs of the small pelvis.
- reduced immunity in boys, boys and men.
- unbalanced diet (fried, fatty, sweet food makes up 70% of the diet). Excessive alcohol use.
All of these conditions can both contribute to the penetration of microbes in the prostate gland, and lead to stagnant processes, deterioration of the blood supply to the pelvic organs, which in turn leads to an increase in the number of microorganisms and the progression of inflammation. In this regard, it is necessary to cure prostatitis on time, then complications will not bother you.
Signs of prostatitis in men
Frequent urination with weak urine pressure and cutting during the process, a rise in body temperature, a burning sensation in the perineal region, painful defecation are the first signs of acute prostatitis in men. You should also pay attention to the following clinical symptoms:
- intermittent and difficult urination;
- violation of the mechanism of erection;
- the appearance of a burning sensation in the urethra and in the perineum;
- increased imperative urge to defecate;
- lingering discharge from the urethra;
- floating fibers in the composition of urine;
- prolonged erections, accelerated ejaculation;
- manifestation of orgasm in erased form;
- increased body fatigue;
- anxiety, mental depression;
- significant reduction in potency.
It is worth noting that in the chronic form of prostatitis, the symptoms may not appear at all, and additional signs are added.
In most cases, acute prostatitis begins with symptoms of an increase in body temperature to 39–40 ° C, fever and chills. Urination is difficult and painful. Prostate edema develops, which can cause acute urinary retention. In addition, the pain in the perineum, which is given to the inguinal region, is also quite bright.
As for chronic prostatitis, in rare cases it becomes the outcome of an acute process, however, as a rule, primary chronic prostatitis develops with a worn symptom. Chronic is distinguished from the acute form by the fact that it proceeds without pronounced signs, that is, latently, without noticeable symptoms.
In the period of exacerbation of prostatitis, patients are disturbed by the symptoms of pressure sensation in the perineal region and anus, dull pain, extending to the sacrum, perineum, rectum, groin area.
Signs of chronic prostatitis in men:
- significant deterioration of erection;
- decreased libido;
- weakening of the stream during urination;
- aching pains in the perineum, sacrum, rectum;
- discomfort and burning in the urethra;
Sometimes patients neglect the symptoms of prostatitis, relying on the presence of prostate adenoma. This should never be allowed, since the treatment of adenoma is fundamentally different from how to treat prostatitis.
What happens if you do not treat prostatitis with antibiotics and other means? You are waiting for such complications:
- reduced potency;
- exhausting pain in the perineum;
- depression and
To prevent the consequences of prostatitis, it is necessary to pay more attention to your health, to be examined in time and treated by a urologist.
Treatment of prostatitis
In severe intoxication, suspected purulent process, hospitalization is indicated. Patients with uncomplicated acute prostatitis undergo outpatient treatment by a urologist or andrologist.
To cure prostatitis, you need to adhere to a whole range of special events that successively replace each other. How to treat prostatitis, drugs that are prescribed in the first place – antibiotics, especially if we are talking about the infectious origin of the disease.
Drug treatment consists of the appointment of such drugs:
- antibacterial drugs – treatment is carried out to destroy the infection;
- anti-inflammatory drugs are used to relieve inflammation, which is characteristic of this disease;
- drugs that improve blood circulation;
- drugs that relieve urethra spasm;
As an additional measure, prostate gland massage is often prescribed. It contributes to the accelerated recovery, as well as reduction of pain. According to reviews, this is a very useful procedure. The intervention of surgeons is recommended if the urogenital canal is narrowed and prostate adenoma removal is required.
How to treat prostatitis complex? To do this, use all possible methods, assign:
- diet, lifestyle changes;
- drug treatment;
- prostate massage and exercise therapy;
- symptomatic treatment;
- folk remedies for prostatitis
- treatment of comorbidities;
Also, do not forget that the treatment of prostatitis folk remedies gives good results only in conjunction with the main therapy. Therefore, it is recommended not to self-medicate at home.
Antibiotics are necessary for acute and chronic bacterial prostatitis, even proceeding poorly for symptoms, and also as a trial therapy for the non-infectious nature of the occurrence of prostatitis, as a test therapy. Therefore, before starting a course of therapy, it is necessary to undergo an examination and determine the type of pathogen.
Drug treatment of prostatitis includes the use of various antibiotics with a wide range of actions:
- Macrolides (Zyrolid, Fromilid, Sumamed).
- Tetracyclines (doxycycline).
- Penicillins (Amoxiclav, Augmentin, Flemoklav, Flemoksin Solyutab).
- Cephalosporins (Supraks, Cefotaxime, Kefadim, Cefspan).
- Fluoroquinolones (Tsiprinol, Ofloksin, Elefloks, Zanotsin, Tavanik)
It is worth remembering that the treatment regimen is prescribed strictly by a specialist, where the use of antibiotics occupies one of the leading links in the chain.
How to treat prostatitis at home
Treatment of prostatitis at home is advisable in chronic form. In this case, treatment with folk remedies can help to increase the overall body resistance and relieve pain.
- Take 2-3 g of dry, pounded into the powder of orchid tubers, soak with a small amount of water, then pour 500 ml of boiling water and boil for 10 minutes over low heat. Then insist 30 minutes, strain and take half a glass three times a day.
- Broth from Althea root – 40 grams pour 200 milliliters of water and boil for half an hour, take 60 milliliters with food 3 times a day.
- Good help propolis extract. It is obtained by evaporation of 40 grams of propolis in 0.2 l of 96% alcohol. Make 0.1 gram of extract and 2 gram of cocoa butter and put them rectally once a day. Duration of the course is 2-3 months, with breaks per month.
- Celery decoction – 20 grams pour 200 milliliters of water and boil for 12 minutes, drink 100 milliliters 3 to 4 times a day.
- As auxiliary elements of traditional medicine advises the use of seeds of some plants. Pumpkin seeds will be the most useful, as they will enrich your body with linoleic acid and zinc. If you decide to do away with prostatitis, eat poppy, sesame and sunflower seeds.
In addition, treatment of folk remedies implies a complete rejection of alcohol.
Propolis candles for prostatitis
For the treatment of prostatitis in the initial stage, you can use special candles with propolis, which can be done at home on their own.
To do this, take 50 g of crushed propolis and pour 50 mg of 96% ethanol. To insist in a secluded place for 2 weeks, not forgetting to shake daily. After the expiration date, the propolis infusion is evaporated in a water bath until it acquires a brownish yellow color and softens to the consistency of honey.
In parallel, in a water bath, melt 20 g of cocoa butter and mix with 1 g of the resulting propolis. From the resulting mass is made of 10 rectal suppositories and sent for storage in the refrigerator. One candle is administered rectally overnight daily. Duration of application is 30-35 days. It is recommended to take 3-4 courses with an interval of between 30-60 days.